Men’s association demands all malls to cater equally to men and women.
This after the men’s rights group did a survey of all shopping centres in Singapore and found that all of them are made up of shops that provide goods and services that predominantly cater to women.
Akshun Bayday, president of the men’s rights group, said: “About 95 percent of each mall caters to the needs of women, leaving a paltry 5 percent leftover shops that offer goods and services catering to men.”
“If there is to be gender equality in the world and the universe, it is imperative that half of all the shops in malls sell goods and services for men and the other half can cater to women’s whims and fancies.”
AMARE also reasoned that proportioning shops so that they cater equally to men and women will not have any impact on businesses at all.
Bayday explained: “Women are known to buy things indiscriminately. So even if the shop sells men’s goods or services, women will still be tempted to buy and they will buy, regardless.”
“That’s the beauty of shopping to women.”